Saturday, June 21, 2014

The only one by Magan Vernon

 

 

 

                                           5 star rating

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

                                          Description

 

Honor student, manager at the campus coffee shop, owner of an impressive sweater collection - Melanie Wilder has it all together. Then John "John Boy" Walden strolls into her life wearing nothing more than an impish grin and all-too-revealing loin cloth.
Soon, make-out sessions replace homework, lust triumphs over work. And to further crumble her perfect world, an unexpected phone call threatens to take away everything she's worked for.

Now, as Melanie struggles to pick up the pieces, she realizes that John may be the only one to put her life back together...unless he shatters it first.

My review

This has to be one of the sweetest books I have read in a very long time . I picked this up thinking it was just going to be another sappy romance with not much of a story line . But I was proven wrong about that , I feel in love with John boy right from the start he's character is cocky but very sweet under all that . The whole difference between John boy and Melanie was so good , I think deep down all the out cast girls wish for this sort of love and commitment . This story has such a feel good feel to the whole story line . I found myself laughing and crying along side the characters in the book .I was always on the look out for the things to come out of john boys mouth , you never knew what he was going to say . Melanie on the other hand is so withdrawn and cant believe any one would want her for who she is , she has a lot of self doubt issues and this is were john boy comes into it . I want to start off by staying I never read any of the authors other work but I will be picking up her work from now on . I absolutely loved every minute of this very sweet and at times hot book :)

No comments:

Post a Comment